Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Visiting San Diego and more

I visited UCSD in San Diego last week along with the other accepted MFA students. So the decision I need to make regarding where to attend school is even tougher. It was a welcoming wonderful place with people from all over. I'm giving myself a day and a half and then I'm just going to draw a name out of a hat.

I'm also currently looking for a job, anything that will help me pay the rent while I'm here. Suggestions are welcome. I'm going to be doing medical studies until I find something else. Tomorrow I'm going to be doing tests for the control portion of a schizophrenia test. I'm looking forward to earning money again.

I saw Matthew Barney's Drawing Restraint 9 yesterday. I didn't hate it but I'm certainly not going to recommend it to anyone. Well maybe I did hate it, I'm not sure. It was just like Cremaster 3 but with more Bjork, Japanese people, legs falling apart in a room filling with waxy jelly, and the scenarios didn't seem to have the charm that bits of the cremaster movies did. The same sort of narrative progression: things get built (slowly), things fall apart (slowly), things ooze and bleed, girls swim like little mermaids with buckets and pearls fall out of their mouths.... the end. The one plus was Barney's beautiful beard (which gets trimmed off promptly) Because, really, if have the chance to cut someone's hair off in a movie you're going to do it. If it's a choice between Drawing Restraint 9 and Repo Man, I'd suggest Repo Man

I didnt take many pictures in San Diego, but here are a few



Oz? Krypton? No, it's a Mormon temple.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your yesterday was way better than my yesterday. - wleigh

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt know you had one of these noah. i saw your post on jeffs and figured id come on by. hit me up sometime xyouthinasiax@yahoo.com and i wanna see how new yorks treating ya.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home